Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Fondue Chocolate Truffles

Welcome back to me! It has been a while.  Not that I haven't been cooking and even taking photos of my food, I just started a new website and wanted to incorporate my food blog into that. Turns out, my indecisiveness and lack of time will prevent me from doing said task.  Meanwhile, I have plenty of recipes to post!  I wanted to start with my favorite (or the one I could find a pic to... I'm not very organized these days).  I know it's not fondue season (september-march), but I made these after my Oscars fondue party (back in february) and they were amazing!

I love having fondue parties!  They are quite simple as long as you don't go overboard (and you don't need to), but they seem very fancy and fun!  I always start with cheese, then meats and finally end with chocolate for dessert.  Sadly, sometimes we indulge so much on the cheese and meats that the poor chocolate barely gets dipped in to.  Shocker... I know. I had a ton of chocolate left over from this last fondue extravaganza and I didn't want to waste it... but I also didn't want to reheat it the next day for just the two of us.  So I decided to make truffles. Boy were they amazing!! It was kind of one of those "well if they don't turn out, they were going to go to waste anyway" sort of recipes and, for once, they didn't become a disaster!  I loved them so much! They were gone within a day in our house. Now that I think about it... that was a lot of chocolate for us to eat in a short amount of time... oh well, that was February.  

Enjoy!




































Fondue Chocolate Truffles
Makes: a couple dozen depending on how much chocolate you have left over

Ingredients:
Left over fondue chocolate (see fondue chocolate recipe below)
Dippers (Chopped nuts, sprinkles, cocoa powder etc.)

Directions:
Place chocolate in a container and refrigerate over night to harden.  Once hardened, take a spoon or melon baller, scoop out by the tablespoon and roll into balls.  Roll into various dippers like crushed nuts or cocoa.  You will have to work fast with these as they tend to melt quickly.  I stored mine in the refrigerator.  You'll also want to eat within a day or the nuts will become soggy. 

Fondue Chocolate Recipe:
1 lb good quality chocolate chips (I use Simple Truth Organic, they are amazing)
2 cups heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla

Add 2 cups of cream to the fondue pot. Gradually stir in 1 lb of chocolate chips until melted and add vanilla at the end.  Serve with strawberries, marshmallows, banana, pineapple, cookies, brownies, rice crispy treats... whatever is good dipped in chocolate!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment