Monday, August 15, 2011

Edamame Walnut Ravioli

This ravioli was pretty delicious. Of course after the first bite, I ask Nick if he likes it more than the lobster ravioli from Monday. He said that the lobster was better, but it was close. I actually may have liked this one better than the lobster (note that I don't enjoy seafood as much as most), but again it was a close one.

I was worried at first because this recipe didn't have a sauce, and really what is a ravioli without a sauce. I actually even drizzled olive oil over the top because I'm sure a non-sauce aphobe... if that makes sense.

Next time I make this, I think I would add a little brown sugar to the filling and a splash of soy sauce. I just LOVE garlic edamame with brown sugar and soy sauce so I think adding it to the filling would make it even more amazing. And even though it was great without sauce on top, I might have to add a little something, I'm a dipping person.

Enjoy!












Edamame Walnut Ravioli
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 cup Edamame, shelled and frozen 
1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp white wine
Salt and Pepper
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
3 tbsp white wine
4 cups fresh baby spinach tightly packed
2 tbsp fresh chives chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and Pepper



Filling:
1/4 scant cup walnuts 
18-20 wonton wrappers
Spinach and Mushroom Saute:
8 ox carton of mushrooms (I used bella)
1 small garlic clove 
Directions:
Place the walnuts in a large pan. Toast the walnuts on medium heat until they are lightly browned. To the pan, add frozen, shelled edamame, garlic clove, white wine, salt and pepper.
Let the wine bubble away on medium heat, about 1 minute. When the wine has evaporated, transfer the walnut-edamame mixture to a food processor. Blend into a smooth paste.
Place a teaspoon full of the walnut-edamame mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper. Then sprinkle some chopped chives on top of the mixture. Place in gently boiling water and let boil for about 1-2 minutes.
Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms. Rise spinach leaves, and finely mince the garlic clove. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the chopped mushrooms in a single layer. Cook the mushrooms on medium high heat, moving them as little as possible, until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes.
Then add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and white wine. Let the wine bubble and evaporate a little. Then add the spinach leaves and saute till they are just wilted.
To serve the ravioli – place the spinach mushroom saute in a serving dish. Place the ravioli on top. Garnish with chives.

No comments:

Post a Comment