Sunday, August 7, 2011

Eggplant Milanese

A lady from work let me try her version of Eggplant Milanese one day and it was so good that I had to try and make it for myself.

Nick rated this dish a 9.5 out of 10. He rated it a 10, but then I said "What? A 10? You never rate anything a 10." So he changed it to a 9.5. It was amazing. So simple too! We had it with some ciabatta bread. Yum Yum! I will make this again!

One thing I might change next time is use spinach
instead of arugula. It was good, but I love fresh
spinach!!











Eggplant Milanese
Serves: 4

Ingredients:
1 large eggplant, sliced thin
1 egg
1/2 cup of flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
3 roma tomatos
1/2 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 bunch of arugula
balsamic vinegar
olive oil

Directions:
Dredge your thinly sliced eggplant in flour, dip in egg, and dip in panko bread crumbs.
Lightly fry in batches in a little bit of olive oil.

Meanwhile, chop onions, garlic, and 2 roma tomatos. Saute in a frying pan until nice and liquidly with a little bit of balsamic vinegar. (may add other spices as well)

Place the eggplant on a plate and top with onion/garlic/tomato mixture.
Place remaining chopped roma tomato and arugula on top of the mixture.

See... it's super easy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment