Sunday, August 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Balls

Whether it's a going away party at work or a bbq picnic with friends, I show up and people ask "did you bring balls?" They're talking about Oreo Balls (from a previous post). I swear I've made those things at least 16 times since being here. They are quite amazing, but I wanted to expand the variety of balls that folks could choose from (Folks is a Hawaii thing... I like it).

I stumbled across this recipe one day while searching for marshmallow creme recipes. Don't ask why I was looking up marshmallow cream. Probably because it's amazing and all I make with it is fruit dip (yum... fresh strawberries from the garden... how I miss thee). Anyway... I made these peanut butter balls for a going away party at work along with oreo balls. Then I asked which ones people liked best and it was pretty much 50/50. I didn't like these at first, but after putting them in the fridge over night and eating them cold... it was total bliss. I am in love. These are extremely easy and I know you'll make lots and lots of friends if you bring these to work, or a party, or anywhere you want to make friends.

Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Balls

Ingredients:
1 7oz container of marshmallow creme
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups crispy rice cereal
6 squares of chocolate almond bark

Directions:
Mix the marshmallow creme and peanut butter in a large bowl until combined. Add crispy rice cereal and stir. Let sit in fridge for about 30 minutes. Take out and roll into balls. Meanwhile, melt chocolate almond bark in microwave or over a double boiler. Dip balls in chocolate and place on wax paper. Let cool. Refrigerate for an hour (trust me, the are awesome cold!) Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment